Our client is looking for a Credit Risk Modeller whose main mission will be to apply advanced statistical or technical methods in the maintenance/development of models and to be aware of IFRS 9 requirements for all developments.
The candidate will have to use mostly SAS skills and be called upon to provide judgement on analytical and data solutions, as well as be responsible for the execution of any models and reporting produced.
First-hand experience in ALM/Finance/Credit Risk environment and applying credit risk modelling techniques or disciplines
Experience in producing reporting/analytical output and presenting material effectively
Previous collaboration with Internal and External Audit is desirable
Knowledge of IFRS9 and IRB regulatory framework, requirements, and application
Experience of model building, quantitative analysis, and data manipulation
Advanced use and application of data modelling and data analysis software: specifically, SAS, or simillar
Excellent IT skills: of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visual Basic
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of IFRS 9 requirements and regulatory framework relevant to the role
Our client is looking for a Senior Life Pricer who will be responsible for setting an optimal pricing within his scope of activity (Life and Death).
To achieve this, he/she should be capable of:
• Ensuring the profitability of existing portfolios
• Developing multiple indicators
• Defining, implementing and following the pricing policy
• Ensuring that the pricing is in line with the targets defined by the company
This implies the following tasks:
• Implement a competitive pricing policy on a double level ("New Business" /Existing portfolio) to achieve profitability targets and business objectives
• Communicate the pricing policy with the teams concerned
• Ensure pure technical profitability (including the coverage of all internal costs and additional services that are not dependent on the nature of the offer)
• Track different types of fees to be covered by the pricing and determine a sufficient margin to ensure pure technical profitability
• Determine the margin to be used for customer acquisition expenses to allow the commercial action to be deployed
• Follow the actuarial evolutions in the field of pricing technique, propose and test new pricing methods / tariff variations to optimize the risk calculation of your offer
• Integrate all the information available internally and enrich it with external data to build acceptance and advanced pricing
• Master’s degree in Actuarial, Mathematics or Statistics
• Minimum 10 years of experience in pricing, product management or risk management in Life insurance products
• Rigour, innovation-orientation and autonomy
• Innovation skills
• Good communication and organisation skills
• Have team-spirit but also know how to work autonomously
• Fluency in French and Dutch...
Our client is looking for a Manager for the Insurance & Benefits Actuarial Services Departement.
The person will be in charge of the following tasks:
Be responsible for actuarial valuations and international coordination of employee benefits under IFRS and US GAAP
Assist our audit department by answering technical questions about IFRS or US GAAP standards for employee benefits and reviewing the level of technical provisions of IORPs (institutions for Occupational Retirement Provision) based on the Belgian legislation
Provide consulting advice to local as well as international clients, from both the private and public sector, about their employee benefits arrangements in collaboration with others departments such as Tax and Legal Services
Work in close collaboration with our Deals department by providing them with technical advice to perform due diligence work relative to employee benefits
Help develop our department and service offering
You are a qualified actuary
You have at least 5 years of experience as a Manager
You have gained experience in a similar consulting role, with topics such as IAS19, ASC 715, Belgian Control law for IORP, ...
You have an in-depth technical expertise, you are client-oriented and a team player